Beaudesert Golf Club is a hidden gem situated in the beautiful Scenic Rim district of South East Queensland. We pride ourselves on the quality of our course and the friendliness of our staff and members. The clubhouse incorporates a 150-seat bistro, bar, and gaming facilities with (13 EGM’s) and caters to all occasions and functions.
We are seeking to appoint a hands-on Venue Operations Manager who has excellent communication and ‘people skills’, with a dedication to leading the business and achieving the club’s objectives and business plan. The role offers an attractive remuneration package and staff benefits.
This represents a rare opportunity for a career-focused Manager to make a difference and join an organization that has its members and community at the heart of its daily operations.
The Venue Operations Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing club employees and managing day-to-day operations of all areas of the clubhouse.
- Maintaining high standards of staff performance, particularly in the areas of customer service, dress, RSA and RSG training.
- Maintaining and monitoring the club’s financial performance, preparing reports for the management committee, summarising the business’s financial position in key areas of income, expenses, capital usage and cash flows, and assist with the preparation and implementation of strategic plans, and budgets and financial forecasts.
- Business development and project management.
- Proactive marketing and promotion of the club and member activities
- Liaising with and supporting and exercising specifically delegated authorities from the Management Committee.
- Managing liquor licensing, gaming, and statutory compliance obligations for the club.
- Being the ‘face of the club’ for the Members and community.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following attributes and accreditations:
- Experience in general venue/operations management within the hospitality environment.
- Sound knowledge and experience in gaming operations and sporting promotions.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge of golf/sporting facility management (Preferred).
- Possess a high level of business ethics and integrity.
- Ability to build, lead and motivate effective teams to deliver successful outcomes and a customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets new standards.
- Have an understanding and good working knowledge of legislation relevant to the club’s operations including workplace relations, Liquor & Gaming, staff training and Company Secretary obligations.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans and budgets.
- Demonstrable financial management, analysis and reporting competencies.
- The ability to develop the business through innovative initiatives and marketing.
- Hold a current RSA & RSG certificate, Gaming Industry Employee / Venue Operator Nominee License, and experience managing AML/CTF programs.
- The ability to work collaboratively and support the Management Committee.